- Vilas County Zoning Permit Application
(This form is used for Zoning Permit Application, Demolition Permit Application, and Shoreland Alteration Permit Application)
- Vilas County Online Mapping Portal
The proposed changes to the Vilas County Shoreland Zoning Ordinance are available by clicking below and under the "Zoning" section.
Classes for continuing education credits are now available. Details can be found under the "Continuing Education" section of our "Septic" tab.
Please visit the Vilas County Zoning Office for a more in-depth listing of services
- Conditional Use Permits
- Erosion Control & Mitigation Permits
- Investigation of Zoning Violations
- Non-Metalic Mining Permits
- POWTS Inspections
- Review & Approval of Sanitary Permits and Soil Tests
- Rezoning Petitions
- Sale of Ordinance Books
- Septic Maintenance Program
- Shoreland Alteration
- Solid Waste and Recycling
- Subdivision and Condo Plat Approvals
- WI Fund Program
- Zoning Ordinance Amendments
- Zoning Permits & Inspections
Permits are available at the Vilas County Courthouse or by mail.
Vilas County Courthouse
330 Court St.
Eagle River, WI 54521
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Vilas County Zoning & Planning is closed on Holidays.
The public entrance to the courthouse has been moved to door #2, located between the original courthouse building and the dark brick Annex, facing Court St. An ADA compliant entrance is located at the Justice Center Main Entrance facing N. Birch St. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please contact us at: (715) 479-3620 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments or concerns.
Seven staff members serve the Zoning and Sanitary needs of Vilas County residents. If you have questions pertaining to a property or issue in a particular town, please contact the Deputy Zoning Administrator under whose name the town is listed.
Lac du Flambeau
Jane Van Wormer